Monday, June 17, 2019

NOBU DUBAI

I am very much a fan of eating sushi. As many of us are already aware, sushi can be extremely high in sodium and fat content, depending on what you order. As sushi is a meal that I don't think I could live without, it became my mission to find an item on a sushi menu that still satisfied my cravings, but would also provide some nutritional value to my meal. 

On my recent trip to Dubai, I was hit with my usual sushi craving, which occurs far too often. Luckily, the resort I stayed at is also home to Nobu. Nobu, a popular Japanese restaurant known for its consistent and high-quality meals, has locations in Malibu, Dallas, Miami, several international locations, and thankfully, two locations in New York City. 

I had very high expectations upon entering the restaurant due to all of the great reviews I've heard about Nobu. I am happy to say that my expectations were met! The restaurant provides the perfect Nobu experience with great service, an alluring ambience, and most importantly, delicious food.

It is very easy to make a healthy choice when ordering at any Japanese restaurant, especially Nobu. It may be tempting to lean toward ordering a fried fish or carb-filled meal, but eating raw fish is key to keeping your Asian meal as healthy as possible. Any (good quality) raw fish consumed will provide great benefits to the body, such as protein, vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, and more. If raw fish is not your favorite, aim for a grilled fish with a light sauce, and incorporate as many vegetables into the meal as possible. 

My order at Nobu included some of their classics, such as spicy edamame, yellowtail sashimi with jalapeƱo, black cod glazed with miso Himalayan honey, and new style salmon sashimi, which was more than enough for two people. These items were all raw, except for the black cod. The black cod was lightly grilled and topped with a refreshing honey sauce. This meal was impeccable, and an added bonus was the guilt-free feeling while enjoying dinner! Raw fish was never something I reached for, but it has now become a staple for me at Japanese restaurants. 

Here is a photo of the new style salmon sashimi:


I really don't think one could go wrong with anything on the menu at Nobu. Every item I ordered was prepared to perfection. Although it is tempting to order unhealthy food at restaurants, it can be very easy to make the healthier decision! I have found that the healthy option is equally as delicious and leaves you feeling good afterward! If you have the chance and you're a fan of Japanese food, I highly recommend eating at Nobu! You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment