Monday, June 24, 2019

Summer Smoothie Recipe

My favorite foods to snack on during the summer would have to be any type of fruit or vegetable. In my opinion, fresh produce tastes way better in the summer than it does in the winter, so I try to enjoy it this time of year as much as possible. With that being said, an easy and tasty way I like to incorporate several different types of fruits and vegetables into my daily diet is through drinking smoothies! 

With the help of online recipes, I've found some wonderful fruit combinations that make a great smoothie. My favorite website to find recipes is called "Modern Honey," which lists some great smoothie options here: https://www.modernhoney.com/6-healthy-superfood-smoothies/

The smoothie I reach for the most can be found in that link above! To make it easier for you, I will include it here in this post. 

This smoothie, called the Sweet Cherry Almond Smoothie, has the perfect sweetness, and also includes a nutty flavor because of the almond milk that is included. 





Sweet Cherry Almond Smoothie:
  1. 1 1/2 cups Cherries frozen.
  2. 1 cup Almond Milk.
  3. 1 scoop Protein Powder.
  4. 1 Banana.
  5. Ice.
  6. Blend all items together until you have a consistency that works for you. 
  7. Optional: top with unsweetened coconut flakes + almond butter.

I really hope you will try this recipe out, along with any of the other drinks that are included in the post linked above! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment